Our team offers educational support to health care providers, including:
- continuing medical education focused on respiratory topics including asthma, COPD, chronic cough, and tobacco reduction.
- on-site education updating physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
For more information, please contact us at 403-944-8742.
Referral Sources: The Calgary COPD & Asthma Program no longer does spirometry testing. We are still accepting referrals to provide respiratory education for patients who have asthma, COPD, or require smoking cessation information. These appointments will be conducted virtually or by phone. Please continue to fax us a referral along with a copy of the most current pulmonary function test, if available. Thank you for your continued support.
- Calgary COPD & Asthma Program – Referral Form
- Alberta Healthy Living Program
- For patients interested in quitting smoking, refer to the AlbertaQuits Helpline program
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Referral Process: Alberta Health Services
- Chronic Cough: A Referral can be completed by your doctor online at the Alberta Referral Directory
- Respirologist – Pulmonary Central Triage & Access – Referral
- Does My Child Have Asthma? Community Pediatric Asthma Service
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): What is it?
- Inhaled Corticosteroids: How do they work?
- Nasal-Sinus Hygiene
- Rhinitis: What is it?
- The risk of not treating asthma? A Respirologist responds to this question.
- Thinking of quitting smoking? Visit Alberta Quits
- COPD Medication Brochure
- COPD Patient Handouts
- Asthma Medication Brochure
Websites for Health Care Providers
- Alberta Quits
- Breathe: the Lung Association
- Canadian Network for Respiratory Care (CNRC): A non-profit organization and registered charity working to improve the quality of life for individuals living with respiratory disease
- COPD In a Nutshell: Infographic presented by Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Global Initiative for Asthma: Raising public awareness of asthma
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease: Raising awareness of COPD
- Predicting Decline in Lung Function: A CMAJ article
- Specialist LINK is a physician-only service that includes a tele-advice line, clinical pathways and other resources for family doctors in the Calgary area