The links on this page have been reviewed and recommended by our medical team. We are constantly adding to our favorite list of websites, so check back here often. Here is a list of Quick Links our patients find useful:
- Find a doctor in Alberta
- Health Link Alberta
- My Health Alberta – Health Information and Tools
- Community Pediatric Asthma Services
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get an appointment?
You can refer yourself, have your family physician or health care professional send us a referral along with a breathing test (Pulmonary Function Test) if available.Our Referral Form
Where do I go for my appointment?
We are currently contacting everyone by phone or zoom.
What will happen at my appointment?
Your one to one session with a Certified Respiratory Educator includes education and discussion on how to best take your medications, review your inhalers including technique, answer your questions and help provide information to minimize your symptoms interfering with your life.
- Air Quality Health Index for Calgary
- Alberta Healthy Living Program, exercise and education for those with a chronic disease (i.e. COPD)
- AlbertaQuits can help you quit smoking offering information, tools and support for tobacco reduction
- Breathe: The Lung Association (National) and Breathe: Alberta & NWT Lung Association provide reliable, Canadian medical content, offering patient-friendly resources
- Control asthma now! pediatric asthma site, medically accurate and consistent with Canadian Asthma Guidelines. Offers resources (in 14 languages) for parents and kids including action action plans, kid-friendly videos such as the “Little asthma story” and asthma device demonstrations
- EpiPen site with information for patients and health care professionals
- Help for People with COPD, sponsored by the Canadian Lung Association